IC manufacturers with a name starting with 'F'
- Beware that a company may be listed under it's abbreviation ('IBM') but also
under it's full name ('International Business Machines') so when you want
to make sure, check both places.
- These listings usually cover about 99.9% of all chip manufacturers
so it will be very appreciated by me and currently about 250,000 of
your colleagues (monthly) all over the world when you would email
me about anything that should be changed or added.
- For foundries see also the foundry and
chip making pages.
(Bought by NS around 1986 except for the Clipper processor division
that went to Intergraph.
On 19970311 sold back for $550M to Fairchild managers
and the Sterling LLC investment company that belongs to Citicorp Venture Capital Ltd.
Fairchild bought Raytheon in 1998 and around 199812 it agreed to take over Samsung's
complete discrete and power parts assortment.
200103: Fairchild bought Intersil's Power Division (Mosfets, IGBT, Rectifier).
20010906: Fairchild bought Impala Linear Corporation, see:
Also know as FSC
- Fast, FACT and LCX in logic, EPROMs and EEPROMs such as HiSeC and Plug & Play memory
and SMT Power DMOS such as SuperSOT -3/-6/-8, PowerSOT and SO-8 in discrete.
- Fairchild offers all logic families: LS, ALS, CD4K, Tiny Logic, VHC etc.
(Owned by Western Digital now)
- Chip sets
Fast Analog Solutions
- Since about late 2001 or early 2002 part of Zetex.
- Feiya Technology Corporation
- 12F, No. 82, Sec. 1, Hsin Tai Wu Road
- Hsichih, Taipei Hsien 221
- Taiwan, R.O.C.
- tel: +886-2-2696-0888
- fax: +886-2-2696-0666
- Professional technical company of designing memory controllers
and their applications.
With a strong R&D team, FEIYA always plan products
ahead of the market with good performance.
So FEIYA achieves the first CompactFlash!" controller
that can support different types of flash memory
and the second SmartMedia!" controller
that can support high capacity SmartMedia!" cards in the world.
Moreover, FEIYA provides products with high quality
and reasonable price to the customers
under strict manufacturing control processes.
- (Bought by GPSI. 20030115: The discrete line seems to be part of Zetex now.)
- Ferranti Semiconductors
- Fields New Road
- Chadderton, Oldham OL9 8NP
- tel: +44-1161-6240515
- tel: +44-1161-6246661
- FillFactory NV
- Schalienhoevedreef 20B
- B-2900 Mechelen
- tel: +32-15-446-333
- tel: +32-15-446-350 - sales
- fax: +32-15-446-344
- FillFactory is a fabless supplier of custom-designed
and OEM CMOS image sensors (IBIS and FUGA ranges)
in APS technology (camera chips),
with solutions for megapixel resolutions and
ultra high speed imaging (e.g. 512x512 pixels x 1000Hz or more).
||Sigma Delta Modulator, 4th-Order, Fast, for 100kHz-1MHz ADC
- (This contains the former Orbit Semiconductor)
- Flextronics Semiconductor
- Business unit of Flextronics, provides ASIC products, including full System on Chip (SoC), Standard Cell, and Gate Array ASIC (digital, analog and mixed signal). With more than 2,000 successful designs since 1992, we are the leader in FPGA (field programmable gate array) conversions and ASIC retargeting services.
- It has design centers worldwide working with customers to deliver system level solutions in silicon that increase functionality and reliability while reducing cost. Through our alliances and partnerships with world class companies we provide our customers access to state of the art design and manufacturing technology and superior customer service.
used to be:
- (Probably out-of-business or acquired, because their domain name is for sale.)
- Microelectronics company specializing in analog, mixed-signal and digital
integrated circuit design, analog and digital IP modules design and characterization
and chip supply.
- FOCUS Enhancements, Inc.
- 600 Research Drive
- Wilmington, MA 01887
- tel: +1-978-988-5888
- fax: +1-978-988-7555
- Manufacture superior video conversion technology including scan converters,
scalers, and video encoders.
ASIC products include the FS400 family of scan converter chips
and the FS450 iNet-TV family of video encoders.
Consumer products include the TView family of scan converters.
Professional video products include the ProAV family
of scan converters and the QuadScan family of upscalers for home theater.
Forex Computer Corp.
- Chip sets
(May not exist...)
- Chip set
- Future Technology Devices International, Ltd.
- St. George's Studios
- 93/97 St. George's Road
- Glasgow, G3 - 6JA
- tel: +44-141-3532565
- fax: +44-141-3532656
- Main product line is USB peripheral and hub controller I.C.'s
also custom I.C. design services.
||USB Hub Controller
Fuji Semiconductor, part of Fuji Electric it seems.
- Power Devices (and..)
[Usage of their logo is not allowed. See www.fujitsu.co.jp/hypertext/copyright-e.html.]
- (See also Fuji, is previous entry)
- Fujitsu Microelectronics Inc.
- IC Division
- 3545 N First Street
- San Jose, CA 95134
- tel: +1-408-432-1300
- tel: +1-800-642-7616
- fax: +1-408-432-9044
- fax: +1-408-954-0616
(Bought by Adaptec?)
- 2801 McGaw Avenue
- Irvine, CA 92714 USA
- tel: +1-714-253-0400
- fax: +1-714-253-0913
- Royal Albert House
- Sheet Street, Windsor
- Berkshire, SL4 1BE UK
- tel: +44-1753-831262
- fax: +44-1753-620184
- BIOS's for SCSI controllers.
Future Technology Devices International